Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Happy Mother’s Day! Today I am not only celebrating my amazing mama but my decision to be a mother as well. It was really scary to accept that I was going to be a mom, I was so nervous to take the test that I avoided it for three months before finally taking the test. Once I finally did, I felt so disappointed in myself and I thought my life was literally over. My mother was pretty much a stay at home mom who was so genuine and fun. She had always wanted me to abstain from sex until I was married.  Which made me feel extra guilty to tell her I was pregnant. When I finally told her I couldn't speak because I was crying so hard so I handed her a picture of the ultrasound. She was as usual so kind and loving and put me on her lap and rocked me! She said, "babies are a blessing, this is an amazing gift you are being given." My mom is always my main source of comfort; I hope my kids feel the same way about me. Two years later I have my beautiful baby boy who is my whole heart!

Everyone who has wished me happy Mothers Day today has made me tear up! I don’t know what’s wrong with me! I am just so privileged to be Kale’s mother and I couldn’t be more thankful for everyone who has watched and helped us grow. My family and friends have made this entire process  much easier, we are beyond lucky!






Photographs taken by Brendan Boden
Check out his work https://www.facebook.com/BrendanBodenPhotography?pnref=story



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Keeping Up With Kale © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat